Methodologies for getting things done
- Collect what has your attention
- Mind sweep: remove things from your mind that have your attention. Your mind is for having ideas not for storing them.
- Write your ideas done
- Process what it means
- Is it actionable?
- Incubate: let it stay in your mind for a while
- Reference: referred to later
- Yes (such as project, project plans)
- What is the next action?
- Next action takes less than two minutes?
- Yes: do it
- No: delegate or defer it
- Organize where things belong
- Create next-action lists
- Reflect on your tasks
- Weekly review
- schedule time at the end of every week
- reflect on your projects forwards and backwards